Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Thursday, April 4, 2013

My Life at 9200 rpm's: My third LVAD-aversary and counting

April 2 marked my third LVAD birthday.  Thanks to the skillful folks at Mayo Clinic I got my life back 4-2-2010. There have been some bumps the in journey but three years downrange from implant is a victory in my book.

Since the implant, I transferred my care to the University of Minnesota, where I wait as a candidate on the heart transplant list.

In my internet wandering, I often visit Thoratec.com.  There and elsewhere I read what I can about congestive heart failure, not out of a sense of the macabre but to glean insight into this pernicious disease.

Thoratec's website linked to an account by The University of Michigan of a story about a woman who has had her LVAD since August, 2005.  Like mine, she has a HeartMate II.  She is thriving. 

Here is the link:  http://www.uofmhealth.org/news/archive/201303/meet-joeann-bivins-heart-failure-choir-singing-record-setter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome.